Easter Eats & Table Delights16 Apr 2019
We’ve got our Easter on and are thinking beyond chocolate and hot cross buns! Try out a delish vegan carrot cake recipe, and learn how to make a super cute DIY Easter table decoration.
Hot cross bunned out? Make cake! Try this delish carrot cake which will please even your vegan family and friends! Check out the recipe below and pick up all your ingredients at Coles or Woolworths.
2¼ cups wholemeal spelt flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon allspice
½ cup applesauce
1 cup almond milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup coconut sugar
½ cup grape seed oil
2 cups grated carrots, medium‐packed
Vegan coconut yogurt and chopped walnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and lightly grease a slice baking tray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, almond milk, vanilla and oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the carrots and stir until just combined.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooled dollop and spread some coconut yogurt and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Bunny Ears Table Decoration
We’re all ears this Easter and you can be too with this simple yet sweet DIY table decoration!
Using plain white fabric napkins from Kmart you simply roll them up diagonally, placing the egg in the middle and secure with twine to create these super‐cute bunny ears!
We have used matte gold cutlery and some garden foliage to create a whimsical feel perfect for an Easter lunch.