Join the Eastlands Walking Group!
Join our Walking Group!
Our Weekly Walking Group is returning! We are pleased to welcome our walkers back to our weekly group this Tuesday 7th July, 2020!
Join us at 9.30am outside Rebel Sport. *Please note walkers must comply with social distancing requirements and ensure they are fit and well before participating.
Heart Foundation Safety Plan - COVID 19
Everyone participating in a Heart Foundation walk must:
• continue social distancing (keeping 1.5m distance from others).
• stay home if unwell (e.g. fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat etc).
• seek testing for any COVID-19 symptoms and report a positive test result to the HFW team as soon as possible.
• practice good hand hygiene and cover coughs and sneezes.
• have their own water bottles, towels and personal items which will not be shared
The Heart Foundation also encourages walkers to:
• download the COVIDSAFE app and use it at all times.
• get the annual flu (influenza) vaccination.
• bring own hand sanitiser to each walk and use pre, during and post the walk.
• talk to their doctor about whether re-joining the walks at this stage is appropriate for them, particularly if participants are vulnerable. This includes older walkers, and those with chronic health conditions
Walk Organisers must:
• take an attendance log at each walk (for safety and contact tracing purposes).
• ensure all walkers are registered participants of the program.
• limit number of participants per group if necessary, to adhere to restrictions – please check on any capacity restrictions in your own state or territory.
Please note, if you conduct your walks in a Shopping Centre (i.e. indoors), you must follow the Heart Foundation COVID Safety Plan as described, as well as any direction received from the Shopping Centres (as they must ensure the implementation of any relevant legislation over and above what we may be required to do)
We are proud to announce that we have partnered with the Heart Foundation to provide a FREE and social walking group in centre. Simply turn up, register and join the fun!
Meet us outside Rebel Sport on the lower level with your appropriate footwear, sun protection & a water bottle and we will kick off with a light stretch before setting off!
Walks will be run by the team from Rebel Sport Eastlands and you can walk at your own pace! Our walks are suitable for all ages including seniors and parents with prams. Walking routes will vary each session in both the centre and around the local area (weather depending).
- Every Tuesday at 9.30am