Love Your Sister Fundraiser!17 Sep 2019
LOVE YOUR SISTER FUNDRAISER AND RAFFLE!
We are thrilled that Samuel Johnson OAM of Love Your Sister visited Eastlands on Tuesday 24th September between 9 – 10.30am!
To celebrate Sam's appearance we hosted a centre wide Raffle with over $2,000 in prizes which were generously donated by our retailers!
We are please to announce we raised $2,200 for Sam and Love Your Sister. This money will go directly to cancer research to help find a cure to vanquish this disease. Thank you to everyone who purchased a raffle ticket or donated during this time.
If you wish to help join the fight against cancer please visit loveyoursister.org
Raffle prizes include:
1. 10 x Family Passes (Admit 4 – 2 Adults & 2 x Juniors) to the Christmas Eve Big Bash League Hobart Hurricanes match at Blundstone Arena (CRICKET TASMANIA) VALUED AT $50 each = $500
2. FFalcon 40-inch Full HD Led TV (JB HIFI) VALUED AT $298
3. Store Voucher (BRAS N THINGS) VALUED AT $200
4. Beauty Hamper (EASTLANDS PHARMACY) VALUED AT $200
5. Store Voucher (SPECSAVERS) VALUED AT $199
6. Store Voucher (KMART) VALUED AT $100
7. Store Voucher (WOOLWORTHS) VALUED AT $100
8. Sports Pack (REBEL SPORT) VALUED AT $99.98
9. Sterling silver bracelet (PANDORA) VALUED AT $99
10. Google Mini Home X 1 (TELSTRA) VALUED AT $79
11. Store Voucher (MEAL MACHINES) VALUED AT $60
12. 2-3KG Salt Lamp (Lamp) (ISHKA) VALUED AT $59.95
13. Store Vouchers X 2 (LOWES) VALUED AT $25 EACH = $50
14. Store Voucher (FLIGHT CENTRE) VALUED AT $50
15. Store Voucher (SANITY) VALUED AT $50
16. Store Voucher (COLES) VALUED AT $50
17. ‘Willow Tree – You’re The Best’ Figurine (KEEPSAKE CARDS & GIFTS) VALUED AT $39.95
This event is in support of the “On The Road Again” tour which Samuel is undertaking currently. More information about the charity and Smuel can be found below:
Who are Love Your Sister?
Samuel Johnson, Gold Logie winning actor, advocate, and recent winner of Dancing with The Stars, is continuing his tour of Australia. He has raised $10m having campaigned at over 800 community events. His next-level community engagement strategy involves marquee fundraisers, school visits, parlour sessions, street presence, community meetings, hospital visits and tap-dancing lessons! ‘Love Your Sister’ is a million-strong village of everyday Aussies committed to vanquishing all cancers with hard science.
It started with a dare. Co-Founder Connie Johnson dared her younger brother, actor Samuel Johnson to unicycle around the country in the face of her terminal diagnosis with breast cancer. Their aim? To remind every mum in the land to check their boobs. Love Your Sister proudly passes on every individual donation to scientific research.
“Cancer is the last true riddle of our times and we know that it can only be solved with hard science. Despite federal funding remaining static for a decade, Australia still boasts the best clinical results for breast cancer in the whole world. We are the best with less. Imagine what we could do with more?”
– Samuel Johnson, OAM
Watch the Love Your Sister reel here