Your safety is our priority23 Mar 2020
Trading Update 2/7/2020
Culture and Entertainment
From Thursday 18 June Village Cinemas reopened with up to 40 seated patrons per cinema, in line with advice from the Tasmanian Government.
Centre Opening Hours
We’re now open for longer to ensure you can safely shop for what you need. We know giving people more time to visit makes our centre safer for everyone, which is why we’re returning to our regular opening hours from Monday 1 June.
Our regular trading hours are:
|Monday||9am - 5:30pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 5:30pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 5:30pm|
|Thursday||9am - 5:30pm|
|Friday||9am - 8pm|
|Saturday||9am - 5pm|
|Sunday||10am - 4pm|
Please note trading hours for retailers may differ. Please check our store listing or with individual stores for current opening hours.
Reopening restaurants and cafes
In line with advice from the Tasmanian Government, we’re excited to see our restaurants and cafes reopen, with dine-in options. The number of customers will be guided by Tasmanian government density guidelines. Stores will display the maximum number of customers who can be inside at any one time and will adhere to the strict distancing measures.
Please click here to see a list of our food retailers now open – including those who now offer dine-in services.
Please note not all restaurants and cafés will be able to offer a dine-in option straight away.
Reopening beauty and personal care facilities
In line with advice from the Tasmanian Government, beauty services will also start to reopen from 3pm on Friday 5 June. Again, please remember the maximum number of customers at any given time is up to density guidelines and all physical distancing requirements must be maintained. Stores will display the maximum number of patrons at their entry or shop window for your convenience.
For beauty and personal care retailers trading hours and contact details click here.
Health and Safety
Just a reminder, the safety and wellbeing of our customers, retailers, team and community continues to be our top priority. While we continue to serve you, we’re taking extra precautions to ensure our centre is clean and hygienic, including more frequent cleaning, and encouraging healthy physical distancing and good hygiene.
We are committed to the safety of our community and will not tolerate unsafe behaviour.
Social distancing measures are in place across our centre to protect our community from the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Practicing good hygiene and keeping a healthy physical distance between individuals is our most powerful weapon in fighting this virus, we ask that all visitors adhere to these measures.
We continue to take extra precautions within our centre to ensure it is a clean and safe place for you including:
- Physical and digital signage reminding customers to keep a safe distance apart
- Window signage and floor decals provided to retailers to assist with communicating physical distancing measures
- Floor decals and physical distancing reference points in key areas
- Increased sanitisation and cleaning of all customer touch points and high traffic areas
- Hand sanitiser at all entrances
- Where available, use our traffic counters and/or digital heat mapping to identify busy zones to help us to actively manage these areas before reaching customer density thresholds
- Automated alerts on occupancy allowing our team to actively monitor how many customers are in the centre at any time
- Additional team members in-centre during peak periods, offering hand sanitiser and reminding customers of distancing guidelines
- Automated, regular public announcements centre-wide, communicating distancing expectations
- Security officers, in high visibility vests, are monitoring our centres, together with supporting local police enforcing social distancing requirements as appropriate
- Precautionary closures of playground and kids rides and the closure of massage chairs, until further notice
Good hygiene practices
While visiting the centre, please help us keep our community safe by following the below good hygiene practices:
- Wash hands regularly, including after touching common surfaces and after coughing or sneezing.
- If you happen to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, then dispose of it, or if you do not have a tissue, cover your mouth and nose with your upper sleeve.
We want to assure our customers and communities we are monitoring and acting on current and future government and relevant health authority’s advice.
For additional information please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/
We would like to thank you for your continued patience, support and cooperation and look forward to seeing you soon.